Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thrifting Adventures

I've been hitting up some thrift stores, estate sales, and flea markets lately, looking for anything sewing/ quilting related. I scored quite a few neat things that I'll probably be using as decorations in my quilt room.

I found these neat alphabet blocks. I had to search FOR-E-VER to find that L. I think it was the only L in the box of 300 blocks.



Some really neat needle books. I was planning to just put them in small frames.





But then the insides are very cool looking, to, so now I'm not sure what to do.



I found a variety of large wooden spools.



And tons of small spools.



A few buttons.



Lots and lots of embroidery hoops.



I certainly didn't want 503 embroidery hoops (I'm ball-parking here), but it was all or nothing. And at $3 for the whole lot, I couldn't pass them up. There are some pretty cool oval ones in there. I'm going to put pretty fabric in them for an easily changed wall art installation.

And finally, my most expensive purchase at a whopping $9!!!!



What is that you ask? Well, I'll tell you. It's a steam press, my friends. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a steam press or why I need one, but I've been wanting one for years. And when I got it for $9, I practically fainted. It does work beautifully.

Do you have any sewing related thrifing finds that you're particularly proud of?

1 comment: